Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hello and Welcome

So, I've thought a lot -on and off several times- about starting a social work blog of sorts. I grew up in the livejournal era of spilling your guts, only to move on to a job in the HIPAA liability world where basically the only thing any of my friends post on their personal facebooks or twitters or such are posts about movies, books, and nothing to with work.

But then I see these few media portrayals of socials workers, and I'm like "what is that?! I don't do that?!? Who in their right mind would behave that way?!" So I've decided to write about what actual socials workers do (a whole lot of things), and what they can and should know how to do. Then I will also probably write about the number of things I've been asked to do that are outside the scope of social work, but wouldn't compromise my license, and... are all as I like to say, "scrappy."

So if you also work in residential, or a hospital or nursing home perhaps, and want to learn how to de-bedbug your facility (and why this is a clinical and not just pest problem) stay tuned.

If, however, you only want to tell me about the 1 social worker  you met, who you felt was really bad, and didn't help you, etc, etc, etc... I don't actually care. I'm not going to defend them. Report them to their boss. We don't all know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment